Kerri and Kerisa Louis were 10 month old twins rushed to Victoria Hospital overnight when the house they lived in at La Crois Maingot was engulfed in flames and completely destroyed.
Reports are that about 8 p.m. last night the Fire Service responded to reports of a house on fire. Valiant efforts to extinguish the blaze were futile with the twins being injured in the blaze.
One of the twins, Kerri Louis, succumbed to injuries he sustained during the fire about 2:00 a.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017.
According to police the residence was occupied by a family of five (5) individuals. A man identified as their father, also sustained burn injuries, during an attempt to rescue the twins.
A post mortem examination performed today, by Dr. Wayne Felicien, revealed that Kerri Louis died as a result of hypovolemic shock secondary to extensive burns to the body.
Police and fire investigations are ongoing.