Saint Lucians in the New York Metro area descended on Brooklyn this morning to witness their flag being raised atop at Borough Hall, in commemoration of their 38th. anniversary of independence.
With temperatures in the mid 40s, the proceedings began at 10 AM at Borough Hall with dignitaries from the diplomatic corps and other invited guests. Borough President, Eric Adams was represented by Sandra Jackman, who hails from Guyana.
Among those making presentations were:
- Mr Matthias Wilkie – President of Saint Lucia House
- H.E. Mr. Cosmos Richardson – Saint Lucia Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- Ambassador Visilios Phillipou – Cyprus High Commissioner to Saint Lucia
- Hon. Dr. Donna Hunte-Cox – Consul General, Consulate General of Barbados
- Children of Culture
- Jeremiah Hyacinth – Vice-Consul, Consulate General of Saint Lucia in New York
Borough President, Eric Adams, issued a Proclamation declaring February 22nd., 2017 Saint Lucia Independence Day Celebration in Brooklyn, NY.