This is a really delicious recipe which seems a little unusual for a bread or cake, but will surprise you when put to the taste test. Drizzling a little, or a lot of maple syrup before eating will make this heaven on earth.
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 stick and 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
1. In a blender, combine sweetened condensed milk, half of the corn kernels, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Process until smooth and pour into a mixing bowl.
2. Using a whisk, mix the baking powder, flour, pancake mix, and cornstarch into the blended ingredients.
3. When well combined, stir in remaining corn kernels.
4. Pour into a well-greased 10-inch spring-form pan.
5. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes or until the cake is no longer liquid in the center and is well-browned.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool before un-molding.
7. Serve warm or reheat slices in the microwave before serving.
Don’t forget the maple syrup.