Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 1/2 hours
- 10 lb. ham
- 1 bottle marmalade or pineapple rings
- 2 tsps. grated orange rind
- 2 cups fresh orange segments
- 2 Tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 15 whole cloves
- 2 Tbsps. vinegar
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Bake ham in preheated oven at 180°C / 350°F, (15 minutes for each pound).
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat marmalade until it is of a syrupy consistency.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, remove marmalade from heat and blend in orange segments, and lime juice.
- Spoon mixture over ham 15 minutes before it is finished baking.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and vinegar, brush this over ham. Bake ham for a further 15-20 minutes.
Serve with your favourite sides
Baked ham is one of the main items on Christmas Day